Wednesday, November 26, 2014

The View from the 9th Floor

Here at Swedish with Mom. She is comfortably sleeping now. Had a visit from Chaplin John who knows mom from Elder Place. He said she attended services at the adult daycare when she would go to Elder Place on Thursdays, which surprised me. He prayed for her and we had a lovely talk. Every time I turn around someone is coming in and offering their support. Also spoke with 2 docs here at Swedish about potentially moving mom to a hospice place. While I hate the idea of moving her again, it could be a more soothing and comfortable place for her to be. Time will tell. For now I feel blessed just to be here with her and have all this support.


2 comments:

John Howes said...

We're keeping you and your mom in our thoughts. My mom sends her best wishes as well. We had Thanksgiving dinner with her today.

Janis said...

I just saw this now, thanks John. Looking forward to seeing Golda when we come down that way in May.